Attractive and lively, inside and outside. Achieving its perfect balance is a challenge we overcome with skill in the wise combination of spice and the best raw materials. Its base is the Iberian pork cuts we use: pluma, secreto and presa. Its seasoning, a mix that is the fruit of our family's ingenuity and know-how. A precision that has little to do with mathematical measurements and a lot with the skill honed with experience. Its sensory attributes are balanced so that none outshines the rest. Paprika is its distinctive note but always kept subtle. It offers unique sensations: its raw materials; its meticulous drying process, under the dome and with the heat of oak wood fire, and its slow, natural curing process for over six months. Its casing is natural intestine and the fact that the chorizos are hand-tied show from the first glimpse that this is really an artisan product, and a truly fascinating one. It is succulent and rounded while smooth, fine and delicate. A demonstration that opposites are not always at odds with each other and that together offer an astonishing experience.
- Attractive: for its deep, flattering colour; for the authentic shape, only possible with hand-made products; for the manual encasing in 100% natural intestine. Fragile when cut, due to the quality of the chopping and the homemade preparation.
- The bright red is mixed with white and pink of the fatty bits, unevenly distributed due to the traditional methods used, far from the uniformity obtained in the fast machine processes.
- The texture is ample, pleasant, with nice relief and volume.
- Subtle and elegant, sharp and firm. There is a perfectly balanced blend, between the meat, spice and smoked aromas, all of them clear and marked.
- Strong yet smooth at the same time. The perfect balance between sweet and savoury, with an agreeable and delicate spicy base. For this reason it has a great initial taste in the mouth and its flavour persists lightly, without voiding the palate.
Nutritional information (per 100G)
|1846/446||24.4 g||38 g *Saturated (15.8 g)|
|1.5 g||< 0.5 g||4.8 g|
HOW TO experience it
The guidelines to cut it depend on personal preferences: thin slices to gradually awaken the palate, or a few millimetres thicker to get a more intense first meeting with flavour. Getting a perfectly homogenous slice is not the objective when it comes to a product as homemade as this one. The essential thing is to enjoy this fresh, distinctive scent of meat, spice, smoke and then let senses feel its special texture, its balanced level of salt and hot spices.
Our chorizo sausage is tasty but mild. It can be eaten on its own and you can have as much as you want, because it won't fill you up and it won't repeat on you. Obviously, it's still best friends with bread, and there are an increasing number of chefs that dare to combine it with such unlikely companions as foie gras and chocolate. The sky's the limit.
Any red wine or rosé from Navarra, Cigales and Utiel Requena.
- By Piece